Jhimmy Talbot, PhD
PhD Pharmacology, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2015
During my PhD, I studied how some environmental and genetic factors interact to modulate the development and aggravation of rheumatoid arthritis. I found that the deleterious effects of smoking on rheumatoid arthritis susceptibility and activity are dependent on aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) activation. Mainly, functional genetic polymorphisms in human AhR are associated with a differential influence of smoking on rheumatoid arthritis susceptibility and activity.
In the Littman lab, I am interested in the role of the enteric nervous system on intestinal immune function and its crosstalk with resident microbiota. My research will focus on the characterization of neuro-immune interactions that shape immunological intestinal homeostasis. This work may permit the identification of new targets for the treatment of inflammatory intestinal disorders.
1. Talbot J, Bianchini FJ, Nascimento DC, Oliveira RD, Souto FO, Pinto LG, Peres RS, Silva JR, Almeida SC, Louzada-Junior P, Cunha TM, Cunha FQ, Alves-Filho JC. CCR2 expression in neutrophils plays a critical role in their migration into joints in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2015
2. Bassi GS, Brognara F, Castania JA, Talbot J, Cunha TM, Cunha FQ, Ulloa L, Kanashiro A, Dias DP, Salgado HC. Baroreflex activation in conscious rats modulates the joint inflammatory response via sympathetic function. Brain Behav Immun. 2015
3. Lopes AH, Talbot J, Silva RL, Lima JB, França RO, Verri WA Jr, Mascarenhas DP, Ryffel B, Cunha FQ, Zamboni DS, Cunha TM. Peripheral NLCR4 inflammasome participates in the genesis of acute inflammatory pain. Pain. 2015
4. Peres RS, Liew FY, Talbot J, Carregaro V, Oliveira RD, Almeida SL, França RF, Donate PB, Pinto LG, Ferreira FI, Costa DL, Demarque DP, Gouvea DR, Lopes NP, Queiroz RH, Silva JS, Figueiredo F, Alves-Filho JC, Cunha TM, Ferreira SH, Louzada-Junior P, Cunha FQ. Low expression of CD39 on regulatory T cells as a biomarker for resistance to methotrexate therapy in rheumatoid arthritis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015
5. Souza GR, Talbot J, Lotufo CM, Cunha FQ, Cunha TM, Ferreira SH. Fractalkine mediates inflammatory pain through activation of satellite glial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013
6. Vieira SM, Cunha TM, França RF, Pinto LG, Talbot J, Turato WM, Lemos HP, Lima JB, Verri WA Jr, Almeida SC, Ferreira SH, Louzada-Junior P, Zamboni DS, Cunha FQ. Joint NOD2/RIPK2 signaling regulates IL-17 axis and contributes to the development of experimental arthritis. J Immunol. 2012
7. Talbot J, Magno LA, Santana CV, Sousa SM, Melo PR, Correa RX, Di Pietro G, Rios-Santos F. Interethnic diversity of NAT2 polymorphisms in Brazilian admixed populations. BMC Genet. 2010
8. Cunha TM, Talbot J, Pinto LG, Vieira SM, Souza GR, Guerrero AT, Sonego F, Verri WA Jr, Zamboni DS, Ferreira SH, Cunha FQ. Caspase-1 is involved in the genesis of inflammatory hypernociception by contributing to peripheral IL-1β maturation. Mol Pain. 2010
9. Magno LA, Talbot J, Talbot T, Borges Santos AM, Souza RP, Marin LJ, Moreli ML, de Melo PR, Corrêa RX, Rios Santos F, Di Pietro G. Glutathione s-transferase variants in a brazilian population. Pharmacology. 2009