Ranit Kedmi, PhD
Cancer Research Institute (CRI) Postdoctoral Fellow
PhD Cell Biology and Immunology, Tel Aviv University, 2014
In my graduate studies I have developed technologies to deliver non coding RNA to lymphocyte subsets for therapeutic applications. I joined the Littman lab to obtain a better understanding of how the immune system fine tunes the appropriate reactions to altered stimuli. Specifically, I am interested in elucidating the contribution of antigen presenting cell subsets to specific T cell programs in the gut in response to diverse microbes.
1. Veiga N, Goldsmith M, Granot Y, Rosenblum D, Dammes N, Kedmi R, Ramishetti S. and Peer, D. "Cell specific delivery of modified mRNA expressing therapeutic proteins to leukocytes." Nature communications 9.1 (2018): 4493.
2. Kedmi R, et al. "A modular platform for targeted RNAi therapeutics." Nature nanotechnology 13.3 (2018): 214.
3. Kedmi R, Peer D. Zooming in on selectins in cancer. Sci Transl Med. 2016 Jun 29; 8(345):345fs11. Review.
4. Ramishetti S*, Kedmi R*, Goldsmith M, Leonard F, Sprague AG, Godin B, Gozin M, Cullis PR, Dykxhoorn DM, Peer D. Systemic Gene Silencing in Primary T Lymphocytes Using Targeted Lipid Nanoparticles. ACS Nano. 2015 Jul 28; 9(7):6706-16. *Equal Contributions
5. Dahan L, Huang L, Kedmi R, Behlke MA, Peer D. SNP detection in mRNA in living cells using allele specific FRET probes. PLoS One. 2013 Sep 9; 8(9):e72389. PMCID: PMC3767744.
6. Bahat A*, Kedmi R*, Gazit K, Richardo-Lax I, Ainbinder E, Dikstein R. TAF4b and TAF4 differentially regulate mouse embryonic stem cells maintenance and proliferation. Genes Cells. 2013 Mar; 18(3):225-37. *Equal Contributions
7. Ben-Arie N*, Kedmi R*, Peer D. Integrin-targeted nanoparticles for siRNA delivery. Methods Mol Biol. 2012; 757:497-507. *Equal Contributions
8. Kedmi R*, Ben-Arie N*, Peer D. The systemic toxicity of positively charged lipid nanoparticles and the role of Toll-like receptor 4 in immune activation. Biomaterials. 2010 Sep; 31(26):6867-75. *Equal Contributions
9. Kedmi R, Peer D. RNAi nanoparticles in the service of personalized medicine. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2009 Dec; 4(8):853-5.